It really REALLY annoys me that people put up recipes for “Sugar free banana bread” that have 3/4 cup of honey in it. Or agave. It is sugar. Sure it is in a different form. You can argue it is more natural, fine. But it is sugar.
And guess what? Sugar isn’t the devil!
Shock horror right? A Personal trainer writing that sugar is okay!
It is HOW MUCH sugar that is the issue.
If you’re eating Devil’s food cake every day washed down with a Caramel latte with 6 sugars. You’re going to have a problem.
This? Not so much. You know, as long as you don’t eat the whole loaf!
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup wholemeal SR flour
- TSP vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 170
- Mash up the bananas.
- Mix all of the wet stuff into the bananas until it makes a horrible looking goo.
- Mix in flour. Make sure you blend it properly, until it makes a sticky dough.
- Plop it into a bread tin lined with baking paper
- Bake for about an hour. (Or you know – just forget about it and only remember when the house starts smelling really good)
Enjoy! You’ll get 10 – 20 serves. being you can cut it into 10 slices and then halve those if you wish. Which is what I do for the kids for school. And for me with a cup of tea.